No drilling is required to install this handy lift in the back of most mini-vans
- Automatic loading into cargo area of your mini-van
- Attaches to existing third-row seat hardware...no drilling
- No permanent installation of unit...easily installed in another vehicle
- Easily lifts most scooters & power wheelchairs
- Can be bolted to the floor for a permanent installation
- Works With Hitch Size:
- Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
- Weight: 150 lbs.
The Backpacker unit holds your scooter or power wheelchair inside your vehicle for safe keeping, and easily mounts to the existing floor latches when the rear seat is removed, so there are no holes to drill or modifications to your vehicle. And the battery pack means you don't have to wire it to your car battery either. The fully automatic single button lift operation means there is no work on your part...the lift moves outward, lowers to the ground, then moves up and into the vehicle entirely on its own. And now the Backpacker Plus features a manual override. Fits in most mini-vans. Please note that if you have one of the newer mini-vans with the third seat that folds into the floor, the Backpacker can still work with no drilling. It will require a modification kit that we can provide at no charge when you order the unit.
- Separation between existing floor couplings can be a maximum of 45"
- Inside edge of door sill to outside edge of bumper can be a maximum of 13"
- "Drop" from bottom edge of door to floor of vehicle can be a maximum of 4"
- Inside edge of door sill to middle seats must be at least 42"
- Newer model vehicles may require a securement kit, additional lead times will apply